Arriving at Billund Airport (BLL) – distance to Aarhus appr. 96 km:
- Public transportation: The airport express bus leaves every hour, and takes appr. 1,5 hours. The cost is DKK 140 for one person one-way. http://www.bll.dk/?sc_lang=en
- Driving: Driving will take you appr. 1 hour and 15 minutes. NB parking in Aarhus city can be expensive.
Arriving at Aarhus Airport (AAR) – distance to Aarhus appr. 44 km:
- Public transportation: The airport bus leaves according to arrival of the planes, and the ride will take appr. 50 min. The cost is DKK 115 for one person one-way. https://www.midttrafik.dk/koereplaner/lufthavnsbusser-(airport)/aarhus-airport-(uk).aspx
- Driving: Driving will take you appr. 40 minutes.
Arriving at Copenhagen Airport (CPH) – distance to Aarhus appr. 193 km:
- The airport is connected with Copenhagen Central Station by metro and regular trains. The Metro runs around the clock, and regular trains depart every ten minutes. The ride equals three zones and the cost is DKK 38. NB if you are travelling to Aarhus by train it is advisable to buy the ticket from the airport to Aarhus Central Station immediately, as it is cheaper.
- Connecting by train: From Copenhagen Central Station two departures connect with Aarhus Central Station every hour. One fast train (2.49 hours) and one regular train (3.13 hours). The cost is DKK 388 for one person one-way. The cost is an additional DKK 30 for a seat reservation. NB a seat reservation is usually not necessary. Unfortunately it is not possible to buy food or drinks during the train ride, so stock up before you go - either at the airport or when changing trains at Copenhagen Central Station. Ticket prices and timetables can be seen here: https://www.dsb.dk/en/. Booking tickets early might keep expenses down, e.g. folding seats are usually available for only DKK 89.
- Connecting by bus: Near Copenhagen Central Station busses also connect with the centre of Aarhus city. The bus service “Rød billet” (Red tickets) leaves from DGI-byen at Ingerslevsgade, 230 meters from Copenhagen Central Station. The bus ride is 4 hours and the cost is DKK 160 one person one-way. The cost is DKK 120 for students. You cannot buy food or drinks on board; so stock up before you board the bus. See information about the bus service: http://www.rødbillet.dk.
Arriving in Aarhus the bus stops at Thomas Jensens Allé/Valdemarsgade. This is 2,6 km from the Law Department at Aarhus University. You can either walk the distance or catch a bus from Park Allé, 350 meters from Valdemarsgade. The bus lines 1A, 14, 18, 100, and 200 all go to Aarhus University and the cost is DKK 20. The tickets can be bought at Aarhus Central Station near Park Allé or in the bus. NB the ticket machines in the busses only accept coins. Ask the bus driver to notify you or get off the bus by yourself at “Aarhus University: Randersvej/Nordre Ringgade”, 270 meters from the Law Department.
- Aarhus Central Station, “Aarhus Hovedbanegård”, is located in the centre of Aarhus city. Aarhus University is appr. 2,6 km. from the Central Station. Walking will take you 35 minutes. As described local bus lines 1A, 14, 18, 100 and 200 run frequently from Park Allé next to the Central Station.
For more information visit: http://conferences.au.dk/getting-to-aarhus-and-aarhus-university/ u